I had some fun this afternoon on Twitter in a conversation with Emma from Down to Girth. She tweeted that she is giving up dieting forever, and after the congratulations, a conversation evolved about all the great things about being set free of dieting, along with the hashtag #ditchingdiets
I thought this was such a fantastic idea, I wanted to share some of the ditching diets moments with you all, and open up the comments to all of you, to share the things that you found best about ditching diets.
So, here are some of the ones that I like best:
Never again will I have to pretend to be excited about eating my dinner out of a plastic container!
- I’m never going to have to even consider drinking shitty milkshakes twice a day + pretend I’m enjoying them.
- getting to eat great delicious food, with no guilt attached
- Never again having the success of my day decided by a number on a scale!
- Not having to sound like a douchebag at restaurants. No, I don’t want the sauce on the side!
- Being allowed to buy nice clothes that fit me NOW because I don’t have to worry about them getting too big “when I’m thin” 😀
- No more crazy fad foods/drinks that taste disgusting
- Having time to love your body exactly as it is right now
- Not hating yourself
- Special occasions don’t cause food anxiety: no getting too drunk cause you skipped the canapés!
- Because you can trust yourself to know what’s best for you.
- Because it doesnt matter what i weigh, i’m beautiful regardless.
- Because calorie counting stops you enjoying your food.
Over to you! How many reasons can you come up with that ditching diets is an awesome thing? Go for it!