I have a question for you all.
If you could have any garment or outfit made in your size, what would it be? In other words, what is that dream item/s of clothing that you would love to have, but cannot find in plus-sizes. If you can find pictures of them in straight sizes, please share the link too!
Since it is my blog, I’m going to list a several of mine. Let’s just take it as a given that I want all of these items available in sizes 14AU to at least size 32AU
1) Diane Von Furstenburg style wrap dresses. I want wrap dresses, PROPER wrap dresses, not ones with shark bite hems or surplice necklines that have a bit of overlap to be made look like a wrap dress, or weird sleeves. A proper wrap dress, with sleeves, which is an absolute classic style that can be tweaked each season to be on trend (slightly changing the sleeves, or the length, or other small details). I want it in on trend colours and prints. Here is an example of one that I really love.
2) Pencil skirts. The lengths can vary by season, but I want pencil skirts. In something other than black, grey or navy. I want them in block colours, I want them in prints, I want them in textures. Again, pencil skirts are a classic style that can be tweaked each season to make them on trend. Here, look:
3) Print tights. Flowers, spots, stripes, herringbone, animal prints, whatever is fashionable for the season. In decent Lycra blend fabric, and sized up to 5X. How about some examples.
4) Swimsuits with underwire. My rack of doom will not be held in place by a couple of moulded foam cups, it needs some serious scaffolding. I long for a tankini with halter neck with underwire (I’ve seen them in straight sizes and small cups – why the hell do they make underwire in a small cup size but not large cup sizes??) and boyshort bottoms.
5) Bras that don’t look like they’re made by a surgical device company. Bras in pretty prints and colours and patterns, but have bust support for my rack of doom, particularly underwires and bands/cups that go over 22D.
Those are just the tip of the iceberg for me. I want basically everything that is available to straight sizes, but made to fit plus-sized bodies!
So over to you my heffalumpies – tell me (and show me) your dream garments! And dream big! Don’t just say “Pants that fit me.” DREAM BIG LOVELIES!!